We have a busy summer and fall ahead of us. We need a student to be our Summer Program Coordinator. Who do you know? Could this be you?
We are approved again this year to onboard a student for an 8 week Canada Summer Jobs hire.
This year we have the flexibility to tailor the role to best utilize the skills of the successful candidate – technology based or event plannng! If you are driven by technology then the role can focus on enhancing our current onsite technologies and tools, and add functionality to our website. If event planning is of interest to you then you will coordinate and assist with planning and execution of upcoming SCA events, programs. Here’s a glimpse into what is keeping us so busy:
- Children’s Artspace for Canada Day in Palmer Park
- Culture Days 2018 – planning for late September events
- Annual fundraising event in October – ongoing planning
- Website and Social Media communications enhancements using MailChimp, WordPress, FaceBook, Twitter and Instagram
To be successful you will need to bring the following skills:
- Ability to work well in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong desktop computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, and social media platforms. Willingness to quickly learn WordPress is required for the technology focus
- Event planning experience and knowledge of arts and culture is an asset
- A great attitude and enthusiasm is critical!
Applicants must be registered as full time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. Preference will be given to students enrolled in a related University or College program (Business, Arts, Communications or Technology) or with similar work experience.
Our ideal candidate will be available to join us in mid to late June and stay up to Labour Day, 2018. We are offering an 8 week assignment and will provide a maximum of 30 hours per week over 5 days per week including Saturdays and occasional evenings during special events.
Call the SCA at 905-982-2121 or drop by to introduce yourself and send a resume email@example.com. Tell us why you will be a good candidate. Interviews have begun!
The Scugog Council for the Arts is fully accessible. We are committed to the principle of diversity and will ensure that reasonable accommodations are made available to persons with disabilities during the recruitment process and will provide reasonable accommodation upon request.