Hoot for Hospice - Sunday June 23, 2019
Pick up a paint brush and join hundreds of artists in Port Perry for a fun, instructor-led Paint Day fundraiser on Perry Street on June 23, 2019. Give a Hoot for Hospice in Memory of Carley Anne Caldwell has challenged the community to reach their goal of five hundred amateur painters putting paint to canvas to raise money for the Oakridges Hospice and the Scugog Council for the Arts.
It’s Going to be a Hoot! Last Minute Info
Are you all signed up? Thanks for being a part of the Give a Hoot for Hospice Fundraiser on Sunday, June 23, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:
- Check-in opens at 11 am. Tables will be set up on Perry Street in front of the Scugog Council for the Arts at 181 Perry Street, unit G-1.
- When you check-in you can pay your $20 fee (if you haven’t already) and hand in any additional donations you’ve collected. You’ll pick up your canvas, brush and other supplies and find a spot at one of the tables. Then go to the paint area to pick up your paint and water.
- You’ll also receive a ticket for one of our fabulous door prizes! You could win a trip to Florida just for participating!
- Painting activity starts at 1 pm and finishes around 2:30 pm. If you need more paint, just raise your hand and one of our volunteers will bring you what you need.
- Several painting demonstrators will be set up along the street so you’ll be able to clearly follow along while listening to the instructions.
- What to bring: a folding chair if you wish to be seated for the activity, sun hat and sunscreen.
- There are washrooms in the Scugog Council for the Arts gallery and you are welcome to use them. Enjoy the current exhibition by the Port Perry Artists Association members.
- Have fun!
Give a Hoot for Hospice
Pick up a paint brush and join hundreds of artists in Port Perry for a fun, instructor-led Paint Day fundraiser on Perry Street on June 23, 2019. Give a Hoot for Hospice in Memory of Carley Anne Caldwell has challenged the community to reach their goal of five hundred amateur painters putting paint to canvas to raise money for the Oakridges Hospice and the Scugog Council for the Arts. Geared towards painters 8 years and older, paint, brush and canvas will be included in the registration and step-by-step instruction will be provided by local artist and META4 Gallery co-owner Birgitta MacLeod. No experience required and you will bring home a charming and colourful painting of an owl, one of Carley’s favorite animals.
Carley Ann loved a big community event, a beautiful day outside, and painting with friends. “It’s going to be a lot of fun and it’s going to make a big impact.” said Steve Caldwell who is organizing the event in honour of his late daughter Carley Anne Caldwell who passed away from cancer in February 2017. Steve says “This event will provide us with the opportunity to give back to a facility similar to the one that provided so much comfort in a difficult time for Carley Ann and our family.”
The event will take place on Sunday, June 23, 2019 on Perry Street, between Queen and North Streets. Tables will be set up and participants are asked to bring your own folding chair if you wish to have seat. In the event of rain, the event will be moved to the Scugog Community Recreation Centre on Reach Street.
There are still many ways you can be involved. For more information call Steve at 905-242-4811. Register as a Painter on our CanadaHelps page to pay your fee to participate and start getting your own sponsors. Go to the tab below.
The registration fee is only $20 and participants are encouraged to gather additional sponsors. The goal is to raise $50,000 in one afternoon.
The registration fee is only $20 per participant/painter and registration fees pay for the kit each participating painter will need. You have two choices for signing up on our CanadaHelps page, either JOIN AS AN INDIVIDUAL or CREATE A TEAM. JOIN AS AN INDIVIDUAL if you will be a painter gathering sponsorships/donors OR if you will be a painter and you are signing up more than one person to be a painter, for example a single adult signing up children or other adults who do not have their own email addresses. CREATE A TEAM if you want to gather a few people together and have a fun team name. Each participant on a TEAM must register on line and have their own email address to register. We encourage you to gather at least $100 in sponsorships to help us meet our goal of $50,000 in one afternoon. Once you register and pay your fee at Canada Helps, you can start fundraising. Register Here to Participate