About Scugog Arts
Our Community’s Creative Hub: Awakening. Inspiring. Connecting
To the artists, residents of and visitors to our township, the Scugog Council for the Arts is the integral leadership organization engaging people, organizations and government with resources and opportunities, serving to enrich our lives through the arts, fulfill our artistic and creative potential, and contribute to economic development and cultural tourism. We will strive to maximize our contributions to the vibrancy and quality of life in our community, as we support art for arts sake.
- Thriving Arts Community
- Strong Partnerships
- Arts & Culture Valued
- Organizational Effectiveness.
In fulfilling our mission and vision, we take actions that express the following values:
- Respect: we believe that all people should be treated with consideration and dignity.
Caring: we are committed to an organization that is compassionate.
Teamwork: we are committed to effective partnerships between volunteers and staff and will seek opportunities for partnerships with the community we serve.
Integrity: we are committed to act in an ethical, open and honest manner.
Accessibility: both physically and economically (affordable)
Diversity and Inclusion: we are representative of the larger community as defined by ethnicity, socio-economic status, gender identity or expression, and sexual orientation.
Community Engagement: an engagement with people that give us artistic outcomes, and an approach to decision-making that includes consensus building, forums, surveys and round-tables.
Community Pride: in our area that is based on its heritage, its natural environment and its culture as expressed through the arts.
Continuous Improvement and Lifelong Learning: as leaders and advocates for the arts
- Contribute to the vibrancy and quality of life in our community.
- Maximize opportunities for creative expression and arts education for all residents with programming.
- Cultivate collaborative connections, communication, and utilize community resources.
- Serve as a catalyst for community economic development and tourism through the arts.
- Advocate for the arts with a unified voice on behalf of the community.
- Be attractive to a range of co-investors such as funders, donors, members, public, artists, volunteers.
- Build the effectiveness and professionalism of the organization.
- Strengthen the organization’s financial viability, and broaden and enhance revenue generation capabilities.